Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Until we get our hands in the clay, there is no way a new masterpiece can be formed. All works of creation require effort by able and willing hands.
Colleges and Universities have profited greatly from the most vulnerable: our Children. Higher “education” is big business. Literally, the focus is on the money available to these institutions via student loans. Our young people are encouraged to be Debtors before even beginning their careers and professions.
The result of all this hubris? Answer: educated idiots! We have lost what at one time not long ago was defined as “common sense.” Now, Ignorance is the norm, with a large portion of society working for Cents. Yes, that’s right, slaving — in servitude to a Banker — for pennies on the dollar.
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.Benjamin Franklin (1706 – 1790)
Those are the choices: Tell, Teach, or Involve. Professors everywhere are coy to assure us they are Teachers. Of all professions, teaching is a noble cause. Yet, the matter at hand is that seldom do we find skilled Teachers in our classrooms.
Continue reading “We Learn By Doing”
What are the three most magical words? Yes, our ears have enjoyed hearing, “I love you.” Yet, how many times in your experience has that been proven to be a lie? These three words will protect your heart: Prove All Things.
In fact, these three words can easily be remembered by the comfort they offer. Similar to a HUG, the benefit of an effort to PAT (Prove All Things) is a soothing massage for our souls.
Think of your favorite hero — a coach, teacher, or mentor. They were strong of belief and quick to change, when proven wrong. Their rock-solid foundation provided the flexibility to entertain differing views on any topic.
Continue reading “Prove All Things”
All great thriller movies have this in common — there are four heroes, each with a different and extreme temperament type, who are brought together by the hand of fate to overcome impossible odds.
During the adventure, it becomes clear to us that all four of those different and extreme temperaments — combined into one powerful force — were absolutely necessary for good to triumph over evil.
For each of us, individually, the same principle holds true — we must incorporate the four temperaments into our hero persona to be well balanced and successful in our ventures.
Continue reading “Four Horsemen”
Money does not a leadership problem fix.
In fact, a problem is simply an opportunity in disguise.
We grow — when confronted with the impossible. It is that defining moment of decision. Many will quit. A few will do what others say can’t be done.
Continue reading “Leadership”
I’ll share the website of another Coaching Enterprise — because, I want YOU to make the comparison. Y’all know I’m competitive — so, I’m hoping YOU can mark all 10 in my favor.
If not, give me a call — M 406.855.8384.
Highlights from the Article
Continue reading “Must Be A 10”
- Good business coaches have a proven record that they will be eager to share with you.
- A great business coach has experience both as a business owner and as a business coach.
- You’ll want to find a business coach that is relevant and specific — to your chosen area of growth.
- Business coaching requires custom strategies. Pass on any coach that treats their business like a coaching mill.
- A great business coach will challenge you outside of your comfort zone and make you look at challenges in new ways.
- Seek out a business coach that is well-connected, so in turn, you become equally well-connected.
- Your business coach should be highly motivated and focused on YOU achieving your goals and aspirations.
- Your mentor should love teaching because it means giving back, and it should be obvious in their approach to coaching.
- You don’t have to be best friends with your business coach, but you should have a friendly rapport.
- The most critical piece — there must be a process to be followed, a regimen. In other words, a committed and disciplined approach to Success.