Life is like a carousel — it only goes in one direction: Forward. There’s no going back to undo, redo, or otherwise change anything in the Past.
And, on that Carousel, we have a choice: Sit on the benches near the center, move to the stationary animals to the right of the benches, or climb on a horse moving up and down — while we reach for the brass ring.
Obtaining a brass ring involves three components: Fate + Choice + Skill.
Continue reading “Dynamic Carousel”
“I am amused that you continue to ask for me to explain — what is not and never was.”
That was my response to an attorney, who wanted me to explain the unexplainable. He had taken a course of action, which transformed the simple into the complex. In fact, the potential exists that he has endangered a Family by encouraging them to, unintentionally, break the law.
How often do we fall into the trap of letting our thoughts and energies be consumed by the not of what is?
Continue reading “What Is”
Recently, I was gently teasing a colleague about the lack of a Waiting Room when he connects with Scholars using Zoom.
His reply, “Well, I’m a believer in the 80/20 Rule — focus on the 80% that matters and get to the other 20% someday.”
Since I have teased him quite a bit in the past, I heard, “Kim, I’m getting tired of your nitpicking. But to humor you, I’ll be polite and quote the 80/20 Rule.”
There was something about his tone that immediately had me agreeing with him.
Yet you – who know me well – know there’s more to this Story.
Continue reading “80/20 Rule Is For Those Unwilling To Give All”
Three Evil E’s
Recently, a friend teased saying, “Now, keep your Ego, Expectations, and Emotions out of the way.”
“That’s profound!” I thought. For many years, I’ve been on a Crusade to Enlighten, Empower, and Encourage. My friend just exposed me to the Yang of my Yin, the Flow of my Ebb, the Take of my Give, and the Down of my Up.
I commonly refer to my E’s as the Three-E Formula — Enlighten, Empower, and Encourage.
To help us remember there is a Dark side (or, shadow) to any Light, I’ll refer to these as the Three Evil E’s — Ego, Expectations, and Emotions.
Continue reading “Ego, Expectations, and Emotions Must Be Managed”
Imagine your favorite action movie. The ground is crumbling behind our heroes and heroines as they run toward the only escape available to them. Our heart is in our throat, as we encourage them to go, quickly, forward.
Life is like that. There is no standing still. There is no going back. The only direction to safety is forward.
Continue reading “Good Directions”
There is only one way to, really, learn anything — and, that is: hands-on.
It is impossible for the mind to forget what the hands have learned.
Why, then, do we believe someone else has the answers to our questions? And, why do we defer our good judgment to others?
Continue reading “In The Game”