I was sitting at the desk with a salesman and behind him, tacked to the wall was a piece of plain white 8½” x 11″ size paper with these letters: TKD. Thoroughly impressed, I commended his belief in “Think Know Do.”
He grinned sheepishly and confessed that his manager had pinned the sign as a reminder “Time Kills Deals.” My antennas shot straight up. After a tour of their factory, conversations with upper echelons, and a discovery of inferior processes and unethical people, sure enough, “Time Kills Deals.”
So, TKD is a two-edged sword — it can represent success, or defeat.
Continue reading “Think Know Do”
Who has played sports in school; or encouraged our children to play; or can identify with a hero who plays a sport? That’s what I thought: Everyone.
Now, the more important question: Why are people and resources allocated to teach individuals to Play — and not the same effort devoted to teaching us how to be successful at Work?
The average term of engagement for a sports crusade is, generally, a few years through high school and, maybe, college. The rush of adrenaline and associated glory fades into memory. Then, what?
Our country has a drug (illegal and prescription) and alcohol problem. Is there a connection between the cause (learning to play) and the effect (disenfranchised at work)? Let’s think it through.
Continue reading “Play To Learn”
I’ll share the website of another Coaching Enterprise — because, I want YOU to make the comparison. Y’all know I’m competitive — so, I’m hoping YOU can mark all 10 in my favor.
If not, give me a call — M 406.855.8384.
Highlights from the Article
Continue reading “Must Be A 10”
- Good business coaches have a proven record that they will be eager to share with you.
- A great business coach has experience both as a business owner and as a business coach.
- You’ll want to find a business coach that is relevant and specific — to your chosen area of growth.
- Business coaching requires custom strategies. Pass on any coach that treats their business like a coaching mill.
- A great business coach will challenge you outside of your comfort zone and make you look at challenges in new ways.
- Seek out a business coach that is well-connected, so in turn, you become equally well-connected.
- Your business coach should be highly motivated and focused on YOU achieving your goals and aspirations.
- Your mentor should love teaching because it means giving back, and it should be obvious in their approach to coaching.
- You don’t have to be best friends with your business coach, but you should have a friendly rapport.
- The most critical piece — there must be a process to be followed, a regimen. In other words, a committed and disciplined approach to Success.