Early in the bull riding Crusade of my son, Ryan, he made the comment, “Dad, it’s really pretty simple. You just stay in the middle of ’em and ride ’em jump for jump.”
At the time, we were sitting in a Truck Stop across the Interstate from the Horse Palace, where Ryan was waiting for his turn to ride. I was sipping on my coffee and Ryan was stirring his hot chocolate.
The cafe was noisy from the farmer and trucker banter, and distractions were constant because of the shenanigans from the waitresses and busboys. I didn’t hear exactly what Ryan had said. So, I asked him to repeat it.
“Dad, you stay in the middle and ride them jump for jump.”
Yep, from the mouths of babes, or in this case a high school student at the time, comes the secret to life.
Continue reading “Jump for Jump”
Stay in the middle and ride ’em jump for jump.
Whatever the mind can Conceive and Believe, it can Achieve.
Most of us are familiar with one of the great speeches of all time, “I have a dream…” by Martin Luther King. As I listened to the speech, I was reminded of another period of time in our great country, the United States of America.
For eight years, January 20, 2009 – January 20, 2017, we listened to the oratory of another fellow promise great things. Heck, he even had the masses mesmerized by his magnificent dreams.
Continue reading “Reverse ABC’s”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: (NOVEMBER 27, 2018)
Mr. Kim Foard
An Event for Dreamers and Doers
Billings, Montana: Kim Foard, CPA attended the 2018 QuickBooks Connect conference in San Jose, CA, November 5 – 7, 2018. More than 5,000 accounting professionals, small business owners, self-employed, and developers came together to learn, be inspired, and connect with each other. This is the fifth year Intuit, the provider of QuickBooks software, has hosted the event.
Continue reading “Technology”
Recently, someone frustrated with their life blurted, “You’re so lucky!”
I almost responded with, “Those who work the hardest are the luckiest.”
Instead, I simply replied with, “Yes, but if you only knew my story, you might think differently.” I went on to mention, “You’ve heard the proverbial theory of gathering people around a table to share their problems. After looking around the table, everyone grabs back their own.”
She replied with, “I’m so envious of you. You’ve been in love, got married, had children, and enjoyed success in business. My mother has used you as an example of who I should be.”
That individual was consumed with the drama of their existence and was not interested in my Story. So, I’ll share it with you.
Continue reading “Lucky”
I’ll share the website of another Coaching Enterprise — because, I want YOU to make the comparison. Y’all know I’m competitive — so, I’m hoping YOU can mark all 10 in my favor.
If not, give me a call — M 406.855.8384.
Highlights from the Article
Continue reading “Must Be A 10”
- Good business coaches have a proven record that they will be eager to share with you.
- A great business coach has experience both as a business owner and as a business coach.
- You’ll want to find a business coach that is relevant and specific — to your chosen area of growth.
- Business coaching requires custom strategies. Pass on any coach that treats their business like a coaching mill.
- A great business coach will challenge you outside of your comfort zone and make you look at challenges in new ways.
- Seek out a business coach that is well-connected, so in turn, you become equally well-connected.
- Your business coach should be highly motivated and focused on YOU achieving your goals and aspirations.
- Your mentor should love teaching because it means giving back, and it should be obvious in their approach to coaching.
- You don’t have to be best friends with your business coach, but you should have a friendly rapport.
- The most critical piece — there must be a process to be followed, a regimen. In other words, a committed and disciplined approach to Success.