“Above all else, protect your heart,” encourages an old Proverb.
How important is that singular phrase? Simply: a matter of life and death.
Do we ever pause to THINK? “No one cares as much about my life as I do.”
Generally, the answer is, “No.” Because, we are beset with the societal propaganda encouraging a Rich and Famous lifestyle. In other words, the focus is on obtaining individual worth from the lives of others.
There’s a name for that: Narcissism.
Narcissist Sends These Messages:
• There’s something very wrong about you.
• You just need to shut up.
• You’re unstable.
• I wish people knew how crazy you are.
• You’re not a likeable person.
• If I become angry, it’s your fault.
• You don’t know how to do relationships.
Narcissist Messages Can:
• Push you down a path of ineffectiveness.
• Incite arguments with the narcissist.
• Be frustrating as YOU explain yourself.
• Cause you to withdraw socially.
• Force you into a shutdown mode.
• Create a Passive-Aggressive disposition.
• Generate a cloud of shame and guilt.
• Words are belittling and condescending.
• Elevates themselves above everyone else.
• Feels very weak on the inside.
• Doesn’t have own sense of well-being.
• Can only feel good by putting YOU down.
• Thinking is demented and mean-spirited.
• Likes (LOVES) to humiliate others.
Speaking of Love
Have you ever heard these words? “No one will ever love you like I do.”
If you have, then, YOU know that sentence was spewed with extreme hate from someone who has betrayed your trust and is intent on destroying you. They will not be happy with simple destruction.
The modus operandi of the narcissist is a scorched-earth agenda. They will “attempt” to destroy your reputation, relationships with mutual friends, and even the factual memory Family members have of YOU.
Be of good cheer! Because, their efforts are puny in the larger scheme of the Universe. The antidote to the poisonous words and deeds of a narcissist is found in the one word they will never understand or experience: LOVE.
Protection for Your Heart
More important than what the narcissist is saying and doing is what YOU are thinking. The most important question: What do you think about you?
The truth to a narcissist is similar to a crucifix for a vampire — it will protect your heart. Contrary to the “opinions” of the emotional vampire in your life, this is the Truth.
• You are loveable.Dr. Les Carter
• You’re not required to earn approval.
• Even when you err, recovery and growth is possible.
• Your life has meaning, to be a Conduit of Goodness for others.
• No one has the right to take your worth and value away from YOU.
Challenge Beyond This Realm
A normal individual with a compassionate mind will always seek first to understand and, then, ask to be understood. When dealing with pure evil (The Narcissist), good luck with that.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in heavenly places.Good Book
So, unless you’re a glutton for punishment, there is a better way to peace of mind and an abundant life.
Grow to Give
Okay — so, now, we know who is our nemesis and what not to do. Yet — Mother Nature hates a vacuum. If we rid ourselves of the narcissist, what do we do? We must do more than simply avoid the cause of great suffering and distress.
The secret is to focus on our individual growth, learning, and service. To share, we must have something to give. To teach, we must have knowledge to impart. To offer comfort, we must be the safe harbor in the storms of life.
Each individual is unique. That’s YOU and me. If WE choose to listen to the destroyers, we sacrifice opportunities to be creators of something special — something only we can bring into existence for the enjoyment of others.
I sincerely hope YOU never experience the manipulations of a narcissist. Yet, if you do, there is hope. Ignore the static on the line caused by those bound to the depths of despair. Set your mind on the goodness above.
Protect your heart — because, I guarantee the good Guys and Gals win!
Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it.